This is the official election timeline for 2021.
- Candidacy deadline at 11:59pm UTC. Candidates are also required to become members of the OTW by this time.
- Deadline for candidate Bio and Platforms to be submitted to the Elections Committee at 11:59pm UTC. If statements are translated, late statements will be translated last.
- Candidates are publicly announced and Bios and Platforms are published.
- Q&A questions can be submitted as soon as the post goes live.
- Deadline to submit questions for the Q&A process. Questions must be submitted by 11:59pm UTC.
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election.
- Anyone who becomes a member between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, inclusive of both dates UTC, will be eligible to vote in this election. Please note that your donation receipt will be dated in US Eastern Time, so if your donation is listed after 19:59 on June 30, 2021 on the receipt, you won’t be eligible to vote. If you are unsure whether your donation was made before the deadline, please contact our Development and Membership Committee by using the contact form on our website and selecting “Is my membership current/Am I eligible to vote?”.
- Q&A Group 1 answers posted.
- Q&A Group 2 answers posted.
- Q&A Group 3 answers posted.
July 20, 1200 UTC
- First Candidate Chat (Laure and Antonius)
July 23, 1900 UTC
- Second Candidate Chat (Anna and Laure)
- Voter instructions sent by email to eligible voters.
July 24, 2000 UTC
- Third Candidate Chat (Kari and Anna)
July 31, 2100 UTC
- Fourth Candidate Chat (Antonius and Kari)
- Deadline to contact the Elections Committee with a proxy request if you will be away from email for the entire election period.
- Election is held from 12:01am UTC on Friday to 11:59pm UTC on Monday.
- Election results are announced.
- Deadline for recount request.
- Board turnover begins.
Timelines for previous years can be found on the History page.