This is the official election timeline for 2019.
- Candidacy deadline at 11:59pm UTC. Candidates are also required to become members of the OTW by this time.
- Deadline for candidate Bio and Platforms to be submitted to the Elections Committee at 11:59pm UTC. If statements are translated, late statements will be translated last.
- Candidates are publicly announced and Bios and Platforms are published.
- Q&A questions can be submitted as soon as the post goes live.
- Deadline to submit questions for the Q&A process. Questions must be submitted by 11:59pm UTC.
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election.
- Anyone who becomes a member between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019, inclusive of both dates UTC, will be eligible to vote in this election.
- Q&A Group 1 answers posted.
- Q&A Group 2 answers posted.
- Q&A Group 3 answers posted.
- Candidate Chat
- Voter instructions sent by email to eligible voters.
- Deadline to contact the Elections Committee with a proxy request if you will be away from email for the entire election period.
- Election is held from 12:01am UTC on Friday to 11:59pm UTC on Monday.
- Election results are announced.
- Deadline for recount request.
- Board turnover begins.
Timelines for previous years can be found on the History page.