This was the timeline for OTW Elections in 2015. There were more candidates than available seats, so there was an election.
- All eligible potential candidates are sent a call for candidacy, outlining their job description and making clear all requirements.
- Candidacy deadline at 11:59pm UTC. Candidates are required to become members of the OTW by this time as well.
- Deadline for candidate bio and manifestos to be given to the Elections Committee is at 11:59pm UTC. Late statements will be added to the elections website but not the blog mirrors.
- Candidates are publicly announced, with bios and manifestos published. Q&A questions can be submitted as soon as the post goes live.
- Deadline to submit questions for the Q&A process. Questions must be submitted by 11:59pm UTC.
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election. Anyone who becomes a member between October 6, 2014 and October 6, 2015, inclusive of both dates, will be eligible to vote in this election.
through October 15
- Q&A Answers posted. These will be posted on a rolling basis as candidates complete the sets of questions.
October 18-October 30
- Candidate Chats are held. These are open to the public and will take place in the public chatroom. Transcripts will be posted to this site after each chat.
November 6 – November 9
- Election is held from 12:01am UTC on Friday to 11:59pm UTC on Monday.
- Deadline for recount request.
- Rollover begins.