The following was the timeline for OTW Elections in 2012.
Wednesday, August 1
- Deadline for all FAQs and policies to be clarified and updated on the website.
Wednesday, August 15
- Elections Officer to email Volunteer Committee to ask them to extract the list of candidates and ensure eligibility is accurate.
Saturday, September 1
- All eligible potential candidates are sent a call for candidacy, outlining their job description and making clear all requirements.
Monday-Friday, September 3-7
- During this week, the current OTW Board hosts a chat for all committee members interested in running for the Board, to answer questions about what is entailed in the election and in Board service.
Monday, September 17
- First candidacy deadline at Midnight UTC. (What time is that in my local timezone?)
Monday, September 24
- Second candidacy deadline (extension if not enough candidates have stood by the first deadline) at Midnight UTC. (What time is that in my local timezone?)
Monday, October 1
- Deadline for candidate statements to be given to the Elections Officer, who passes them on to Translation, Communications, and Webmasters committees. Late statements will be added to the elections website but not the blog mirrors.
Tuesday, October 2
- If the election is not contested, then the term overlap begins.
- If the election is contested, then moderated chats and candidate questions start.
Monday, October 8
- Elections Officer works with Development & Membership committee to remind people to become members in order to vote, and to explain proxy options.
Monday, October 15
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election.
Sunday, October 21
- Deadline for members to register a voting proxy.
Sunday, October 28
- Election announcement and instructions sent to membership.
Thursday, November 1
- If election is not contested, the new term begins.
Saturday, November 3, Noon UTC
- Polls open for 48 hours. (What time is that in my local timezone?)
Monday, November 5, Noon UTC
- Polls close. (What time is that in my local timezone?)
Thursday, November 8
- Election results posted.
Saturday, November 10
- Vote recount request deadline.
- If recount is not requested, term overlap begins immediately.
Saturday, November 24
- If necessary, re-vote begins.
Wednesday, November 28
- Re-vote results posting deadline.
- Deadline for term overlap to begin.
Saturday, December 1
- Term overlap ends and rollover begins.