The Organization for Transformative Works is pleased to announce the following candidates for the 2018 Election (in alphabetical order by given name):
- C. Ryan Smith
- Lex de Leon
- Michelle Schroeder
- Natalia Gruber
Because we have 2 seats to be filled and 4 candidates, the 2018 election WILL be contested – that is, the members of OTW WILL vote on which candidates fill the seats.
The Elections Committee is excited to introduce the candidates to all of the members of the OTW! Included in this post are links to short Bios and Platforms written by the candidates. This post also marks the beginning of our Q&A period, during which we invite the public to submit questions for the candidates. Additionally, we will be holding a series of live chats – dates and times for those are to be announced based on candidate availability. Information on the voting period and how to vote will also be posted shortly.
In the meantime, there is a timeline of Elections events available here for your reference. Read on to learn more about our candidates and how you can submit questions for them!
Platforms and Bios
We asked each candidate to provide us with a Bio that sums up their professional and fannish experience, as well as to write a Platform about their goals for their term on the Board by answering the following questions:
- Why did you decide to run for election to the Board?
- What skills and/or experience would you bring to the Board?
- Choose one or two goals for the OTW that are important to you and that you would be interested in working on during your term. Why do you value these goals? How would you work with others to achieve them?
- What is your experience with the OTW’s projects and how would you collaborate with the relevant committees to support and strengthen them? Try to include a range of projects, though feel free to emphasize particular ones you have experience with.
- How would you balance your Board work with other roles in the OTW, or how do you plan to hand over your current roles to focus on Board work?
You can read both the candidates’ answers to these questions and their bios by following the links below.
Question & Answer (Q&A)
Candidates will also answer questions from the public. Anyone may submit questions via the Elections form. Please submit all questions by 11:59pm UTC on June 25 (what time is that where I live?). All candidates will answer each question submitted, subject to the following restrictions:
- Questions can be a maximum of 50 words long.
- Questions must not be repeats of questions from the Platforms. This is to allow candidates to spend their time answering new questions.
- Similar questions will be grouped together so candidates don’t have to repeat themselves. Elections staff will decide which questions are similar enough to group.
- If you have a follow-up to a Platform question, please specifically mention that it is a follow-up so it isn’t treated as a repeat.
The posting date for answers will be chosen depending on the number of questions received. Posts will be spread out, arranged by topic, to make it easier for voters to read all the answers.
One thought to “2018 OTW Elections Candidates Announcement”
Comments are closed.