At this time, all eligible OTW members should have received an email linking to the voting instructions for 2016. The subject line was “Voting Instructions for Organization for Transformative Works (OTW) Board Election”. Please note that anyone who didn’t receive this email is not on the voter rolls this year and will not receive a ballot.
If you are a member and didn’t receive this email, please do the following:
- Check your spam folder.
- If you use gmail, check your Social tab.
- If the email is marked as spam, unmark it. Otherwise, you will not receive your ballot, as it will end up in spam as well.
- If no email is present, open your donation receipt and check the date.
- To vote in this election, your receipt must be dated between August 24, 2015, and August 23, 2016, inclusive of both dates.
- If you paid by check, your membership is measured by the arrival date of the check.
- If your donation was made during the eligible time period, make sure you checked the box to become a member. Membership is voluntary for those who donate at least $10; only members can vote.
- If you did become a member, make sure you neither marked any email from the OTW as spam nor opted out of OTW emails or last year’s ballot. If you did so and would like to vote this year, you’ll need to follow step 5 below.
- If you donated at least $10 during the eligible period and you checked the box to become a member, please fill out the Elections Contact Form and select the topic “Is my membership current/Am I eligible to vote?” Make sure to include the email you used when donating.
- Membership has no connection to being a user of AO3 or Fanlore. Please don’t give us your AO3 or Fanlore username – we have no way of knowing who that name belongs to, and we don’t want to know.
Most importantly, if the voting instructions email bounces, gets marked as spam, or you opt out, you will not receive a ballot for this year’s election, and you may not receive a ballot next year. Similarly, if any of those things happened to last year’s election emails, you will not receive a ballot this year. Therefore, if you previously opted out of OTW emails or marked them as spam and would like to vote, fill out the Elections Contact Form and select the topic “Is my membership current/Am I eligible to vote?”