This is the official Election timeline for 2016.
- All eligible potential candidates are sent a call for candidacy, outlining their job description and making clear all requirements.
- Candidacy deadline at 11:59pm UTC. Candidates are required to become members of the OTW by this time as well.
- Deadline for candidate Bio and Manifestos to be given to the Elections Committee is at 11:59pm UTC. If statements are translated, late statements will be translated last.
- Candidates are publicly announced, with Bios and Manifestos published.
- Q&A questions can be submitted as soon as the post goes live.
- Deadline to submit questions for the Q&A process. Questions must be submitted by 11:59pm UTC.
August 17 & August 24
- Q&A Answers posted.
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election.
- Anyone who becomes a member between August 24, 2015 and August 23, 2016, inclusive of both dates UTC, will be eligible to vote in this election.
Thurs, Sept 1 from 1300-1430 UTC & Sat, Sept 10 from 2200-2330 UTC
- Candidate Chats are held. These are open to the public and will take place in a public chatroom (location to be announced). Transcripts will be posted to this site after each chat.
- Deadline to contact the Elections Committee with a proxy request, if you will be away from email for the entire elections period.
September 23 – September 26
- Election is held from 12:01am UTC on Friday to 11:59pm UTC on Monday.
- Deadline for recount request.
- Board turnover begins.
* Q&A and Candidate Chat dates will be added after the Elections Committee receives and tallies the submitted Q&A questions, in order to ensure that candidates have enough time to answer those questions.
Timelines for previous years can be found on the History page.