The following was the timeline for OTW Elections in 2010.
Wednesday, 1 September
- All eligible potential candidates are sent a call for candidacy, outlining the job description and making clear all requirements.
Week of 5-11 September
- During this week, the current OTW Board hosts a chat for all committee members interested in running for the Board, to answer questions about what is entailed in the election and in Board service.
Wednesday, 22 September
- Deadline to declare candidacy and submit initial legal name verification.
- If more candidates have declared than available Board seats, the election will be contested. If not, the deadline for declaring candidacy is extended.
- Publicity for the upcoming election and for the membership cut-off date for 2010 voting is made available to the general public.
Wednesday, 29 September
- If the candidacy deadline was extended, this date is the final deadline for the declarations of additional candidates. If the number of candidates equals the number of seats, the candidate information will be sent to the membership in the week following this date in order to fulfill the terms of election by acclaim.
Sunday, 24 October
- Deadline to become a paid member for the purposes of voting in this election.
- Candidates are required to provide their official statements to the Communications Committee, which will then make those statements public on the main OTW Website and the OTW Elections Website.
Wednesday, 3 November
- Deadline to assign a voting proxy.
Wednesday, 10 November
- Announcement of the election to the membership, containing a direct link to the voting page, voting instructions, and voting website account login username and password.
Wednesday, 17 November
- Announcement of the commencement of the election period to the membership, containing a direct link to the voting page, voting instructions, and voting website account login username and password.
- Polls open for 48 hours, beginning at noon UTC. (What time is that in my local time zone?)
Friday, 19 November
- At noon UTC, polls close. This is the deadline for voting and for voter complaints about technical difficulties in voting.
- At midnight UTC, if there are still no results, a status report will be posted.
Monday, 22 November
- Deadline for public posting of elections results to the main OTW website and the OTW Elections website.
Wednesday, 24 November
- Deadline for candidates to request recounts, revotes, or clarification of results. A ruling will be made within a week of receipt of any formal complaints.
No later than 8 December
- Any revotes will take place no more than one week following determination that they are necessary.
Friday, 10 December
- Rollover day: Newly elected board members replace the outgoing board members.