This is the official Election timeline for 2018.
- Candidacy deadline at 11:59pm UTC. Candidates are required to become members of the OTW by this time as well.
- Deadline for candidate Bio and Platforms to be given to the Elections Committee is at 11:59pm UTC. If statements are translated, late statements will be translated last.
- Candidates are publicly announced, with Bios and Platforms published.
- Q&A questions can be submitted as soon as the post goes live.
- Deadline to submit questions for the Q&A process. Questions must be submitted by 11:59pm UTC.
- Deadline to become a member in order to vote in the upcoming election.
- Anyone who becomes a member between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018, inclusive of both dates UTC, will be eligible to vote in this election.
July 4, 11, 18
- Q&A answers posted.
- First Candidate Chat (all candidates) at 0100/1am UTC
- Second Candidate Chat (all candidates) at 2030/8:30pm UTC
- Deadline to contact the Elections Committee with a proxy request, if you will be away from email for the entire elections period.
- Election is held from 12:01am UTC on Friday to 11:59pm UTC on Monday.
- Election results are announced.
- Deadline for recount request.
- Board turnover begins.
Timelines for previous years can be found on the History page.