The Elections season is still in full swing! This post has links to the candidates’ answers to your questions.
There will be three public chats, all of which will last 90 minutes. Two of them will have three candidates in attendance, and the first chat will have all six–so each candidate will attend two chats total. Chats will take place in our public chatroom.
They are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, July 26, at 7 p.m. UTC – All candidates (What time is Chat 1 where I live?)
- Saturday, July 29, at 1 a.m. UTC – Gimena, Claire, and Danielle (What time is Chat 2 where I live?)
- Sunday, July 30, at 4 p.m. UTC – Jessie, Milena and Erica (What time is Chat 3 where I live?)
During these chats, OTW members and volunteers will have the opportunity to ask the candidates questions not already covered in their platforms, bios, and Q&A, as well as to ask individual questions of specific candidates. If anyone isn’t able to ask all their questions by the end of a given chat, they’ll have an hour to submit their questions via the Elections form; Elections staffers will submit the questions to candidates either at future chats or separately to be added to the chat transcript.
We hope that you can join us for one or all of these chats!
When we posted the Board candidates’ bios and platforms, we asked the public to submit additional questions for them. Once again, our sincere thanks to everyone who did so! We have been posting groups of questions as the candidates finished them, and the process is nearly complete. For the categories that have not yet been posted, the dates they will be posted are listed in parentheses.
The following is a list of the topics covered by the questions. Clicking on a topic will take you to the tag containing all the candidates’ answers on that topic.
To navigate answers by individual candidate, please use the links below:
To read all the posts regarding Q&A, simply select the 2017 Q&A tag.
Read on to learn more about using Discord.
On the login page, you’ll need to provide a screen name.
Once you enter the server, you’ll find a list of users on the right and a list of chat rooms on the left. Settings are available via the gear icon on the lower left, near your screen name; there you can choose, among other options, whether you prefer a dark or light chat room appearance.
There are three rooms available to chat attendees who are not candidates or Elections Committee staffers: general, candidate_chats, and open_chat.
- General is where you’ll find a list of rules for the chats. Please read through these carefully before entering the other two rooms.
- Candidate_chats is where the candidates will answer questions and debate amongst themselves. Only the candidates and moderator will be able to chat in this room.
- Open_chat is where all attendees can participate and talk to each other. We ask that you try to stay on topics related to the election. A moderator will be in the room, so if you have a question for the candidates, you can signal the moderator with o/, the candidate’s name, and the question. Use o// if it’s a follow-up question to the current discussion.